Monday, June 23, 2014

Fly Trap Update

     So last week I went on a fly killing spree!  They are really bad this year, but most of them are outside, thankfully!  I set the traps and I am not very happy to report that one of them is missing and the other one has no flies in it.  This is a very disappointing setback for sure, but I am undeterred!  I will kill those flies one way or another!  
     This morning, after doing some research, I have placed another trap.  This one uses an old soda bottle with some old, rotting fruit in the bottom.  I put it together and have placed it around the flies habitat (my garbage cans) to test it.    
     I will keep everyone posted on the progress!  In addition to setting the traps, I have also moved the garbage cans again( (further away toward the road), and after the garbage picks up tomorrow I will be attempting to clean them (GROSS! but necessary).   
     The goal is to get rid of these little buggers without spending any money as well as to keep pesticides out of the picture (to keep my family safe). 

If you have any other "green" ideas that have worked for you, please post a comment!  I could use all of the help that I can get!

Happy fly hunting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment