Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Easy Homemade Brownies

If you like chocolate as much as I do, you will love this brownie recipe.  I keep all of these ingredients in my pantry so I can make brownies whenever I want without having to go to the store.  These brownies cost me about $0.60 to make from scratch.

Easy Brownies (Serves 9)


1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped nut (optional)

Grease a 8 x 8 glass baking dish and preheat the oven to 350.

In a large bowl or mixer, combine the oil and the sugar, beating well.  Add the eggs, one at a time and beat on medium until soft and smooth, then add the vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  Add to the liquid ingredients a little at a time and then beat on medium until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in nuts by hand and then pour into prepared dish.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes outs with a few crumbs on it (be careful not to over bake) .  Remove from oven and allow to cool.  

***Optional*** Once completely cooled, spread chocolate fudge icing on top before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment