Saturday, June 21, 2014

Banana Baked Oatmeal

Believe it or not, it is almost 11 o'clock at night and I have breakfast already set up to go into the oven in the morning!  We have a very busy day tomorrow, our church is having a picnic and I am in charge of it so that  means there won't be much time to get everyone ready in the morning.  On a busy morning like that, I like to have breakfast already planned so that I don't have to worry about figuring out what we are eating and then trying to make it in a time crunch.  Baked oatmeal is so easy and my entire family loves it!  This time I used up some old bananas that I had sitting around so that they wouldn't be wasted (there is nothing worse than throwing produce away!)  

It smells so good!  

Banana Baked Oatmeal (Serves 6)

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 medium bananas mashed
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (optional)

In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  In a medium bowl, whip together all of the wet ingredients.  Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then pour into a greased 11 x 7 inch casserole dish.  Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until golden.  

Yummy breakfast just needs to be baked in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment