Tuesday, June 3, 2014

It's A Great Day to Start Something New!

Based on the type of weather we are having today, the title of this post might seem a little strange.  It is grey, rainy and a bit dismal outside, and most people would probably rather curl up with a good book or watch a movie on a day like today, but I am starting something new!  I am very excited to start this blog!  

I have done a lot of research on starting a blog with a domain name, and everything that comes with it, but due to the fact that I am extremely busy, finding time to actually get something going on one of those sites was very intimidating and I wanted to start with something simple, so here it is. It is my goal to have something more professional in the near future, but in the meantime, I hope that this blog is a source of information, tips, and ideas that are useful and meaningful to my readers.  

Here is a little bit of information about me, because lets face it, you're wondering.  I am not an expert, and some of my ideas are going to sound repetitive (there are hundreds of mommy blogs out there that discuss probably everything that I am going to write about), but I hope that you find me to be a humorous and delightful addition to all of the other blogs that you follow (because I know you follow at least one or two others.)  

I am going to talk about food, grocery shopping, cooking, baking, and other frugal ideas that I am currently using in my home, as well as those that I am trying (because I follow other blogs too.)  I am going to be honest, thoughtful, insightful, and hopefully informational.  

Why am I starting this blog?  That is a great question!  Well, to answer, let me begin by reminding you that I am not an expert, but my friends think I am.  Over the last two years I have been asked dozens of times how I feed my family of 6 for $75.00 a week (this is the God's honest truth!)  and they have been asking for recipes and tips at the grocery store.  Two weeks ago, I mentioned to my husband that I was thinking about offering a cooking clinic for my friends so that I could tell them everything at the same time, rather then telling six people the same things separately.  His response to me was, why don't you start a blog?  So here I am, starting a blog.  As often as I can (I have four kids so it can get crazy around here) I will post ideas, thoughts, recipes, and other money saving tips here.  I want you to write down, try, and share everything you see that interests you.  Post a comment on how everything turned out (even if it flops!)   I have had mishaps in the kitchen and believe me, I am always looking for how things could go (and taste) better!  If you have other ideas that you would like to share please do!  I am also looking for new and exciting ideas and I would be happy to try yours! My only request is that we treat each other with respect and only use polite and appropriate language in the comment sections (my kids are always around me and I don't want them to read something that isn't very nice...)

Unfortunately, I can't stay in front of my computer all day...the housework is calling and the laundry has been crying for days!  

Thanks for reading!

Have an awesome, blessed, and delightful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment