Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Lesson in Patience.

When I first decided to go on this blogging journey, I had no idea how much time was involved!  In the last two days I have spent several hours trying to figure out how this all works and   yesterday I  was especially busy trying to set everything up.  Time had gotten away from me and  I hadn't realized that I had spent two hours working on a post for my Meal Planning page when my kids got off the bus.  Needless to say, I was mildly frazzled when three bouncing kids came up into my kitchen looking for a snack and I was right in the middle of working on something that I considered to be a crucial part of my blog!  

They were happy to be home for the day and we chatted about their day, which brought my anxiety down a few levels, and then I directed them to a few tasks that I wanted them to complete before their snack.  My eldest son, Ethan, has been giving us a bit of a hard time when it comes to his homework and his task was to complete it before he got his snack.  He got it out right away and then reached for a pencil that needed sharpening.  We keep the pencil sharpener on the back side of the computer desk and as he reached over to sharpen his pencil he accidentally hit the enter button on the keyboard and deleted my entire article!  I was horrified!  I wanted to yell because I had spent so much time on it, and his blue eyes went wide with a bit of fear (he was worried he would be in trouble), but I had to remember that it was an accident, they happen all of the time!  I kept my cool (I was so mad at myself for not saving it!), gave him a hug and told him that next time, I would sharpen the pencil for him.  

Hence, I decided that it was time to put the blog away for the night.  I helped my children complete their tasks, made them a snack of graham crackers with apple butter, cleaned my kitchen and then made a delicious budget friendly recipe for dinner (Chicken and Rice Skillet with broccoli and side salad).  We always eat dinner as a family, and last night while we ate and the kids were talking, I was thankful that God had given me a lesson in patience!  I read my daughter her story, watched a few minutes of Scooby Doo with my boys and then tucked them into bed, and snuggled with my little monkey (my three year old), all the while enjoying those moments because before I know it, they will all be grown.  

Everything will come in time, and as important as this blog is to me, it will never be more important than my job as a mother, wife and friend.   I am sorry for those of you who have been looking for information, it is coming, I promise!  Please be patient with me as I add to my blog a little at a time.  Hopefully soon it will be full of all of the information that you are looking for! 

Blessings to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment