Thursday, June 12, 2014

Change of Plans...

     So yesterday I was all set to make my pie and do some baking...and then my husband took the day off from work.  He has been especially busy lately and needed a little break so we took a day off together (which means that very little of what I had planned to do yesterday actually got done.)  It is extremely rare for him to take time off so I was really excited to spend some time with him.  We went out looking for a couple of new doors for our house at the Habitat for Humanity Resell store in Rochester, they didn't have what we were looking for, but that is a great place to find things for your house at a really good price (again, keeping it out of landfills).  Just last month we had found a beautiful, oak door, brand new for just $150!  We bought that, but now we need a new storm door and we are also looking for a new door for our garage as well.   Home improvements can be so expensive...that is why we have to look for the deals, so that we can have a beautiful home without spending an arm and a leg.  
    After that we decided to go and see if we could get a battery replaced in my iPhone.  I have a 3 s, 16 GB iPhone that I love, unfortunately the battery is shot.  In order to use the phone, it has to be plugged into a wall at all times (not so convenient when I am not at home or in the car...)  So off we went to the mall.  There are several kiosks at the mall that repair iPhone's but of course, as my luck would have it, they won't fix the 3 s because the technology is too old.  I think the technology is just fine, but I guess because people today are always looking for the next best thing, the things that we have now don't last as long as they should.  We were told by one kiosk that we can get an iPhone 4 for $50.00, this of course, seems too good to be true...but we are checking it out anyway because if I can get a new phone for the cost to replace the battery in the old phone, why not take the plunge.  It was a rather disappointing trip to the mall, but we did run into two people that we knew and we were there without children, so I can't say it was a wasted trip!  
    Then we had a gift card to Panera Bread so we had a lovely lunch on the patio just the two of us, which never happens, for just $1.56!  Overall, since we spent the entire afternoon together, I didn't bake a pie.  We didn't miss it though, we got to spend a very relaxing day together, and we didn't have to break the bank to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment