Monday, August 4, 2014

Keeping it Simple

     I can't believe that August is here and in just a few weeks school will be starting!  I'm tired, and a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of work that I want to accomplish around here before my semester starts, so I am keeping things simple this week!  
     This is the last week for soccer, TJ and I have nothing else planned for the week, so it should be an easy week to plan.  Last week we didn't eat any of the meals I had planned.  This happens occasionally when things pop up or I'm not feeling well (which was the case last week).  This is going to make dinner planning easier this week because I still have all of those ingredients in the house.  Grace has been begging for tacos, so for dinner tonight we are going to have that.  I still have the ingredients for the Salisbury steaks, the Turkey dinner, and I have plenty of sausage and chicken so this week I won't have to purchase any meat (if I don't want to).  Additionally, many of my garden veggies are ready to be harvested so I won't have to purchase any green peppers, or yellow squash this week.  I'll hit the local farm stands for most of my veggies because they are not only really inexpensive, but they taste so much better than anything you can buy in a store!  

 Here is the menu for this week:

Tonight- Tacos
Tuesday- Mixed Grill
Wednesday- Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Thursday- Salisbury Steaks
Friday- Deep Dish Pizza
Saturday- Turkey dinner (with stuffing)

For breakfast this week:
Today- Cereal
Tuesday- Banana Baked Oatmeal
Wednesday-Yogurt, Granola
Thursday- Cereal
Friday- Blueberry Pancakes, sausage
Saturday- Egg Sandwiches

Lunches- 
Today- Macaroni & Cheese
Tuesday- PB&J sandwiches, pretzels
Wednesday-Ham Sandwiches, cottage cheese
Thursday-PB& J or Ham Sandwiches, yogurt
Friday- Hot dogs, tator tots, applesauce
Saturday- Ham Sandwiches, or leftover pizza (if there is any)

Snacks- Cheese crackers, applesauce, yogurt, cottage cheese, carrots, pretzels, animal crackers, or homemade granola bars.

Here is the grocery list for the week:  Hopefully I can stick to the list and keep my costs low!

Lettuce
Tomato
Cheddar Cheese
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Fresh Broccoli
Real bacon bits
Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese
Butter
Yogurt (Vanilla)
Bread
Ham (Deli)
Cottage Cheese
Hard Taco shells
Cheese crackers
Carrots
Bananas
Animal Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment