Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes

My sister just recently gave us three huge bags of frozen blueberries, which is awesome because my kids love them!  Unfortunately, they aren't very good by themselves because many of them were picked early and are very tart which means that cooking them is the best way to go.

This morning for breakfast, I was thinking about what I was going to make since I don't want to eat through all of the cereal in our house, Ryan mentioned that he wanted blueberry pancakes.  Easy enough!  I set out to make them.

Making pancakes from scratch is really economical, fast, and they taste far better than any box mix you can buy!  You can add whatever you want to your own pancakes too...often times I will use bananas or applesauce in our pancakes for something different and they are always a huge hit!

Blueberry Pancakes (Makes 12 cakes)

Follow the recipe for Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes

to this add 1-2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries.  


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment