Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meal Plan for the Week

     This week the weather is going to be cool and wet, so when I was planning our menu for the week, that was definitely a consideration.  Cool weather makes me think of fall (wait a second, not so fast...the summers not over yet!) and I love cooking in the fall.  Right now I am picturing my family apple picking and making applesauce...which is always a blast!  But I digress, the cool wet weather is calling to me and so the menu is reflective of that for sure.  
     This weeks menu consists of Hamburgers, Chili, Roasted Chicken, Spaghetti, and since we are camping this weekend, Italian Sausage.  I have many of the core ingredients for these meals in the house already, so there wasn't much to buy when I went to the grocery store.  
     When we went to the store this week, my little angels had returned, and for being so good in the store, I splurged and bought some ice cream treats.  I also found some of my favorite snacks, Veggie Sticks, so I had to have some of those.  Overall, I went a little over budget (again), but I did buy some more things to bulk up my pantry since school is going to be starting for me really soon, and I need the pantry to be well stocked with ingredients for quick meals.  
     Tonight is a yummy roast chicken dinner, and we haven't had one in a while so I am really looking forward to it!  I have potatoes and fresh green beans and I am making my buttermilk biscuits too.  I think that I'll make dessert too, a fresh blueberry pie sounds like the perfect end to a great meal (plus it's TJ's favorite!)  

What's for dinner in your house this week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment