Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Back to the Blog!

WOW!  That is all I really have to say after almost an entire year off from the blog.  As many of you may know, I was enrolled in school and unfortunately, this Mama couldn't multitask.  I have recently graduated with a degree in Childhood Education and I am ready to start blogging again! 

As it goes, many things have changed this year.  My father has found a house and moved so I have one less mouth to feed and I am not a student any more so I have a little more free time.  The kids are all a year older and that means that their appetites have grown, so our budget has gone up a bit.  I try to stay below $85.00 per week but if I go up to $100 I try not to stress. 

Some things have remained the same though, I still shop at Aldi, Wegman's, and occasionally Walmart.  I try to stay away from Walmart if I can, but the convenience of having one only a few miles from my door is too hard to pass up when I am out of milk or dog food. 

This year on the blog I am going to spend more time focusing on my grocery store tips, recipes, and budgeting information.  Although the other subjects (frugal living and crafts) are interesting to me, I don't feel as though I have enough expertise to continue blogging about them. 

What I hope you will get from this blog going forward are easy, family friendly recipes that will fit into any budget.  In addition, I will be focusing on ways to cook all of your food from scratch, using as many fresh and natural ingredients as I can.  Finally, I will be sharing tips on how to remain on budget and offer your family the best food that you can afford. 

I would love to hear comments from you as well!  If you have tried something and it doesn't work out, please let me know.  It can be hard to give all of the little details of recipe preparation in writing. In addition, if you have something that you do that you would like to share, we would love to have it!  I could always use new ideas and recipes to try!   I would still like to encourage only family friendly comments if you choose to leave one. 

Thank you for stopping by My Mamas Cheap! 

Blessings to all!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment