Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baked Oatmeal Cups (Updated)

 
Wow!  This past year has been amazing for us as a family in so many ways!  Last year, during my summer hiatus from school, I started this blog.  I love helping people and I love to write, so combining the two seemed to be very natural and comforting to me.  When I first started, I only had a few visitors a day, which for me was fantastic!  I had never imagined that I would have readers that would come from all over the place to read what I was writing.  In fact, I told myself that my only readers were family members, which is why it seemed like it would be okay for me to put the blog on the back burner while I finished my degree.   
     Yesterday, while trying to figure out this whole Pinterest thing (which is still a work in progress), I came across some of the recipes that I had posted last year, pinned by some of my followers.  Some of you wrote some very nice things about my blog, you were sharing some of my recipes for others, and  you were encouraging them to check me out.  I was saddened as I read this because realized that I didn't hold up my end of the bargain.  I left everyone wondering if I would be returning to the blog, and that was wrong.  I hope that you will all forgive me, and I want to assure you that I am working on the blog and trying to come up with fresh, new ideas to share, every day! 

After looking at my stats, I realized that this recipe is the most popular recipe that I posted last year.  The link to this recipe was shared by my friend Maura at happydealhappyday.com (Please check her out!  She is amazing!!)  Along with the link is an article that I wrote for her detailing some of my tips for keeping my grocery shopping trips within a $75/week budget. 

Today, I am posting an updated version of this recipe, with pictures.  Thank you for keeping my blog alive while I was away!  All 5000+ page views!  I am humbled and grateful to you all! 

This recipe is well known and loved in our house!  I hope that your family enjoys them as much as we do! 

First, gather up all of your ingredients.  After looking at this picture, I realized that I forgot to photograph the eggs.  There are 2 eggs in this recipe.
Mix the dry ingredients and then add the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.

 
Stir in the dried fruits or nuts, or both is you prefer.
Fill your muffin cups with a 1/4 cup measuring cup and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

I wish you could have been in my kitchen this morning as these beauty's were baking!  The house is so aromatic with the smell of cinnamon!   


Baked Oatmeal Cups (Makes 12)

Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners, set aside.

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
3/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, or cherries) or nuts or both!

Directions-
1.  In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  Stir until combined.  Add the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla.  Stir well to combine completely (you can use a mixer, but I generally make this by hand.)  Add the fruit and mix well.  The batter will be wet. 

2.  Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the paper liners (go ahead and fill them to the top).  Bake for 15-20 at 350 until golden brown.  Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.  They can be eaten right away or stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for about 3 days. 

***They can be frozen as well, I would eat them within a month if you do.  To reheat, simply microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until it is warm all the way through. ***

If you have visited us before and have made this recipe, I would really love for you to share your experiences with us.

Thank you!

Blessings to All!






No comments:

Post a Comment