Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Scrumptious Peanut Butter Cookies

Good golly!  Fall is just around the corner and I have been in total baking mode for days!  Baking for me is like a great yoga session for others, I feel so comfortable in my sweats covered in flour!  I love the smell of the goodies as it envelopes my entire house.  Today, a yummy batch of zucchini bread is baking (mouth watering blog post for tomorrow!) and later on this afternoon I will be making some snicker doodles.  The house is fragrant with the smell of cinnamon and that is how I like it!

I came across this recipe for peanut butter cookies back in June.  I was looking for cookie recipes to make for a camping trip and this was one that I came across.  Like most of the recipes that I find here and there, I did make a few changes to this one.  I added a little extra love by way of vanilla and of course a little salt, it helps to even out the sweetness.  Cookie recipes can be finicky, but not this one.  I love how easy they are to make and they come out perfect every time!  They are delicious warm and soft and chewy when they are cool.  They hold up really well and, although cookies don't last more than a few days in the house, they will keep for at least 4 days on the counter if kept in an air tight container. 

 
 
These cookies are so easy and they only have a few ingredients! 
 
 
Scrumptious Peanut Butter Cookies  (Makes 36) 
 
Preheat oven to 375
 
1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter.
1 egg
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup flour
 
Directions:
1.  In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar.  Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and beat until completely combined, about 1 minute.  Add the vanilla and mix well.
 
2.  In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk with a fork until all of the ingredients are combined.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on med-low until completely combined, scrapping the sides of the bowl as needed. 
 
3.  Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.  Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 375 until they are lightly browned around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven to a cookie rack, cool completely before storing. 
 
This is the perfect cookie for kids just getting off the bus! 
 
I hope that you have a blessed day! 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment